Online service available
- Monday to Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday noon to 11:00 p.m.
Note: Any operation completed after 11:00 p.m. will not be recorded.
Who can use this online service?
Anyone who wants to notify the SAAQ of vehicle storage.
Important: If your vehicle is stored for more than 12 months it will have to undergo a mechanical inspection by a recognized SAAQ agent before being licensed for road use.
This online service is not intended for...
- individuals who wish to store a vehicle registered under more than one name (co-ownership or co-leasing);
- individuals who have allowed their vehicle registration to expire. You must pay an additional fee as well as a portion of the amount owing for registration before storing your vehicle.
If any of these situations apply, you can do the operation by phone or go to an SAAQ service outlet.
License one vehicle for road use and store another in your name
To avoid having to pay registration fees twice for the same month:
- First, do the storage operation. In step 2 of the storage service, select “From today's date, effective immediately” and you will be refunded by cheque or on your pre-authorized debits, if applicable;
- Then license your other stored vehicle for road use and pay the registration cost up to the expiry month.
Good to know...
- Storing your vehicle means that you are removing it from road use for licensing at a later time.
- You can carry out your vehicle storage operation online or by telephone, on the same day or in advance.
- Keep your most recent vehicle's registration certificate, because you will need it for licensing your stored vehicle for road use.
- The licence plate must remain on the stored vehicle.
- A letter of confirmation will be mailed to you in care of your address on record.
- No refund is given for a motorcycle for which the storage operation is carried out after September 30 or for a snowmobile for which the storage operation is carried out after March 31.
- It is strictly prohibited to park a stored vehicle on a public road.
- Refunds are made by cheque or by adjusting pre-authorized debits, where applicable.
- check on your computer configuration;
- have on hand the most recent registration certificate for the vehicle to be stored.