Licensing of a Stored Vehicle for Road Use
Online service available
- Monday to Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday noon to 11:00 p.m.
Note: Any operation completed after 11:00 p.m. will not be recorded.
Who can use this online service?
Anyone who has stored a vehicle.
This online service is not intended for...
- joint owners (co-leased or co-ownership);
- individuals whose vehicle has been discarded or in storage for more than 12 months.
Should one of those situations apply, you must go to an SAAQ service outlet.
License one vehicle for road use and store another in your name
To avoid having to pay registration fees twice for the same month:
- First, do the storage operation. In step 2 of the storage service, select “From today's date, effective immediately” and you will be refunded by cheque or on your pre-authorized debits, if applicable;
- Then license your other stored vehicle for road use and pay the registration cost up to the expiry month.
Good to know...
- Licensing of a stored vehicle must be carried out on the same day you wish to use the vehicle. You cannot use this service in advance.
- Regardless of which day in the month you license a stored vehicle, you are required to pay the registration fees for that entire month as well as for the months that remain until your renewal is due.
- Registration renewal for the following year can be carried out through our Licensing a stored vehicle service according to the period that applies to your vehicle.
- You must wait until you receive the new registration certificate that was issued during the licensing of your stored vehicle before carrying out a new transaction for your vehicle through our online services. If you wish to carry out another transaction for your vehicle before your new registration certificate comes in the mail, you must go to an SAAQ service outlet.
- Once confirmed, the licensing of a stored vehicle cannot be cancelled in order to obtain a refund.
- Always keep the last certificate you received, that is, the one with the most recent date of issue.
- By credit card (VISA or MasterCard)
- By pre-authorized debit in 1, 6 or 12 payments. You must have on hand a cheque to enter your banking information. Make sure you are the person authorized to use this bank account. Find out about the terms and conditions for banking information.
Note that you cannot pay using pre-authorized debit if, based on your record, the SAAQ requires you to pay cash.
- check on your computer configuration;
- have on hand:
- the most recent registration certificate for the stored vehicle you want to have licensed for road use;
- your credit card (VISA or MasterCard) or your cheque.