Mechanical Inspection Agents
Mechanical inspection agents are businesses that have been accredited by the SAAQ to conduct mechanical inspections on vehicles requiring sporadic or periodic mechanical inspections.
These agents, in particular, conduct:
- photometric testing of the front side windows of vehicles with tinted windows;
- occasional mechanical inspections of transformed or modified vehicles, hand-crafted vehicles, damaged or rebuilt vehicles, vehicles originating from outside Québec for which a vehicle registration application has been filed in Québec and vehicles that have been discarded or placed in storage;
- periodic mechanical inspections of vehicles with a GVWR of less than 4,500 kg, e.g. passenger vehicles, taxis, minibuses or small trucks;
- periodic mechanical inspections of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 4,500 kg or more, e.g. large trucks, trailers or buses.
Finding a Mechanical Inspection Agent
To locate the mechanical inspection agent nearest you, select the following in the order listed:
- An administrative region;
- A service required, according to the type of vehicle to be inspected;
- A city;
- A mechanical inspection agent.
The address and telephone number of a mechanical inspection agent will appear in the “Coordinates” field.