Under the terms of the public and parapublic sector pay equity agreement, you are entitled to an income adjustment. You are currently receiving or have received an income replacement indemnity from the SAAQ for an accident that occurred since November 21, 2001. Your income replacement indemnity may be adjusted accordingly if:
- you were involved in an automobile accident after November 21, 2001
- you have been unable to work due to the accident
- you have received an income replacement indemnity or
- you have received a death benefit following the death of an individual who was involved in an automobile accident.
Procedure to follow to apply for an adjustment
- You must forward the form entitled Attestation of income by the employer (PDF: 55 Kb - 1 page; static form), which must be completed by your (or the deceased individual's) employer at the time of the accident. The form must indicate your income on the date of the accident, which must reflect changes that were brought into effect as a result of the pay equity settlement.
- A separate application must be filed for each automobile accident.
- You must send a written application to the following address:
Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec
333, boulevard Jean-Lesage
Case postale 2500
Québec (Québec) G1K 8A2
or fax it to the following number: 418 641-2611
Remember to include your claim number, current address and daytime telephone numbers.
If you have a tax-related question, contact Revenu Québec.